This study helped people, men in particular, to find out how eating different kinds of foods affects your exercise tolerance, mood and energy levels?
What Participants did
In the Exercise & Nutrition Study, they:
- THREE different meal plans for 1 week each.
- Meals varied in carbohydrate, protein and fat content.
- Each weekday, participants went to the clinic (U of MN Minneapolis campus, East Bank) to pick up food for the next 24-hour period.
- There was a 1-3 week period in between each meal plan during which participants were asked to follow their usual eating and activity patterns.
- FIVE clinic visits at the General Clinic Research Center (GCRC), University of Minnesota (Minneapolis Campus).
- One screening & orientation visit (1 hour)
- One visit to assess participant’s exercise tolerance test on a treadmill (1 hour)
- One overnight clinic visit at the end of EACH study week for a total of THREE clinic visits. Blood waas drawn at each visit.
- Participants received $510 upon completion of the entire study.
|Meals varied in carbohydrate, protein and fat content.|
|Meat, Fish, Eggs, Nuts, Legumes
||Fats, Oils, Sweets